About Dr. Shrirang KulkarniOrthopaedic Surgeon - DNB (Ortho), MS, D Ortho, AFSA (France)
Dr. Shrirang Kulkarni provides an outstanding level of orthopaedic care. Whether you need help with your knees, ankles, shoulders, sports injury or Pediatric, you will receive help from a doctor who is focused on providing the best care. He takes time to find the best treatment plan for you, so you can get the results you need. The goal of Earth and Ether Clinic Orthopaedics is to get you back to your peak.
He has done his MBBS from Nagpur university then moved to Mumbai, worked in MGM Hospital, Parel. After completing his Diploma in Orthopaedics and then Masters in Orthopaedics from National Board of Examinations he moved to Maldives. He also worked at Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital as Consultant for 5 years and got selected for Advanced Specialist Diploma course in Orthopaedics (AFSA) in France.
He completed his ASFA under guidance of Dr Christian Morin. He worked at an institute Calot for 1 year. After returning to India in 2012 he worked briefly for 6 months as Honorary Consultant at YCM Hospital. Presently working as Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon at Aditya Birla Hospital since 2013. Dr Shrirang Kulkarni is known for his clinical acumen and wide Orthopaedic knowledge who has experience in this field since 2003.
He has Special interest in Pediatric Orthopaedics as children require special care and utmost attention. They are just not miniature adults. Fractures in children are common these days, it requires experiences and expertise & he learned these special skills in France. Birth/ congenital anomalies like clubfoot, DDH, Perthes diseases, Spine deformities, Brachial plexus injuries, cerebral palsy, deformities, infections of bones etc.
Fellowships / Associations
- Advanced Specialist Diploma in Pediatric Orthopaedics, University of Lille, France
- Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics, Institut Calot, France
- Member of SOFCOT, France
- Member of SICOT
- Member of POSI, India
Experience / Achievements
- Dr Shrirang Kulkarni is one of the few Pediatric Orthopaedics Surgeons in the country with over 7 years of experience in this field
- He has numerous national and international publications to his credit
- He has extensive experience in the management of clubfoot by Ponseti method and presented his results in international conferences
- He has mastered the art of management of Developmental dislocation of the hip by “Orthopaedic reduction”, a non invasive technique to reduce the hip joint even in late presentation
- He is skilled for the treatment of complex Pediatric trauma and aware of all the modern minimally invasive techniques
- He is well versed with various treatment modalities for Cerebral Palsy like Botulinum toxin injections, soft tissue surgeries and bony osteotomies